It is the month of October so that means two things, one, it is breast cancer awareness month and two, it is time to pump the septic system. I know that I have mentioned this before here, but it is worth mentioning again since it causes me great distress each time. There is just something about a big giant truck with the word SEPTIC painted across the side, sitting in your driveway with a huge hose pulled out across your lawn humming loudly while your crap gets pumped out of a buried concrete box. a diagram for your viewing pleasure I get the privilege of greeting this man once a year in October. It is such a special time. This year he came while the kids and I were outside playing. I was just waiting for Noah to ask him what he was doing..."ohhhhh I am just here to suck all the poo out of your crap tank!" Thankfully Noah spared me this one time. I don't think there was any question what the man was doing in the side yard once the sm...
It is no secret that I love thrift. Second hand? Sure. Yard sales? Bring it. Free trash treasure on the side of the road? Yes sir! Flea markets? Couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday. I have no issue whatsoever admitting that I am cheap. Hell, I don't even think of it as cheap...I fancy myself smarter then the average bear! Until it comes to several items. This list will contain some of the things I keep buying cheaply and over and over again. They always disappoint in some massive, catastrophic way and therefore lead to gigantic arguments when husband discovers that, yet again, I have bought dollar store deodorant, or god forbid...trash bags. I will begin with trash bags. Every time I go to the dollar tree I have memory loss when I reach the trash bags. Each trip I take I inevitably leave with a box. The lesson in what gargantuan pieces of shit they are was learned when we...
Since it has been years since my last post I figured I would drop in with a little update for the legions of fans 😏. In the years that have passed the kids have continued to get older ( who knew?). I have much more free time without the demands of a toddler and a baby. Noah is turning 11 next week and Bella is 8 going on 16. The daily struggles are more about getting them to turn off YouTube and keeping them from killing each other over who gets to play ROBLOX next. I have gone back to work part time in a local pharmacy. I spend my days there being yelled at about insurance issues, holding my pee and counting by 5's until its all I dream about at night. It's a good job if you enjoy being paid minimum wage and multitasking till your head is about to spin off. I was stupid enough to agree to the wage when I started because I thought it was some sort of punishment for the 10 year employment gap in my resume. Now 1 year later and I am still being paid like a 12 year old mother...
Comments
Post a Comment