Letting it out.

Well this is a first for me but as a SAHM with little to no friends nearby it seems like something that will make me feel connected to the world.  I have two wonderful children Noah and Isabella.  Noah is a 3 year old that some days makes me want to stick my head in the oven and Isabella is 8 months and just at that pinchable cheek age.  My husband and I just recently moved to New Hampshire after living in Virginia for a year and a half.  I didn't really get to know anyone while we were living in Va. because as soon as we got there I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and  8 weeks later was thrushed into the world of a high risk pregnancy.  Now I know a lot of women have dealt with much worse but I guess I am a huge baby and this really through me for a loop.  I don't think I have cried more in my life.  At my 13 week Nuchal Translucency ultrasound the doctor informed me that A) I was having a baby girl YIPEE and  B) that her NT was too large at 3.6mm and that this usually is a sign that the baby has Downs Syndrome.  I drove home in a fog that really didn't lift for the remainder of the pregnancy.  I had a CVS that came back all clear of chromosome disorders but I just couldn't let the fear go.  I spent my second and last pregnancy a total and complete wreck and about 900 miles away from any family or friends.  I had numerous tests and ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy and none of them could give me the peace of mind back.  I also felt like I just didn't get the support from my friends or family that I needed.  Let me take that back my husband was so incredible and I don't think I could have lived through it without him...yes there were times when the anxiety made me want to kill myself.  I would get so worked up crying that I could not breath and just did not want to deal with it anymore.  Now as you can tell I am still dealing with the PTSD of this experience and I just have not met one person who I can relate to and I feel really alone with it.  My daughter was born on March 3 2010 and is perfect....to me anyway.  She does have a large birthmark on her forehead, nose and over her left eye but after all the things they told me could be wrong I think that this is small potatoes but it doesn't stop insensitive ignorant people from noticing and pointing it out everytime I am out with her.  Well anyhow I am hoping that writing about my experiences will help me in some way to sort through them and let them go so that I can really start enjoying my baby and not reliving the horrendous nine months prior to her beautiful arrival. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

I guess I am welcoming a shit storm