Water Damage and other things that make me go grrrrrrr!

Well Thanksgiving is over and I think it was a success.  Eight adults and three children were fed and all seemed to enjoy themselves so score one for me.  Things seemed to be going well till this morning I am lying in bed listening to my husband getting ready for work and the shit hit the fan.  While he was shaving and letting the water run (grrrrr) the pipe under the sink lets go and gallons of water flood out onto the floor and starts dripping through into the den below.  Well this is not something that I want to deal with at 6 in the morning.  I am starting to want to hunt down the previous owner and give him a beating.  So now I have electric space heaters running and I am obsessively blow drying my den ceiling, so much for getting any laundry done today!  Yet another thing that is on my mind lately is Christmas.  This year is going to be the tightest year yet with the new house and all it's old house problems.  When I tell family members that we are not going to be exchanging gifts this year I get mixed reactions but oh well I have to do what I need to do.  The kids are the only ones on my Christmas list this year and all I care about is that they have a good Christmas.  I guess I will get back to the den ceiling, wish me luck!

Scene of the crime!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

The peeping package and cutting bangs with dull scissors