What goes around comes around

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."          - Plato

I have heard this quote many times before.  Like a lot of things it got pushed to the back of my mind. As I have mentioned previously, I frequent the Babycenter prenatal testing boards often, trying to bring some hope that there is a light at the end of a seemingly endless tunnel to women that are suffering through the wait to find out if they are carrying a child that might have a trisomy or genetic syndrome.  While on these forums you will occasionally get involved with one person who is in a similar situation to the one you were in and you form a connection.  Most often these woman go on to have healthy babies but occasionally that is not the case, which brings me back to the quote at the top.  Recently a woman that had been given bad prenatal testing scores was not one of the lucky ones that get to go on and have a healthy baby. Her child was diagnosed prenatally with trisomy 15, a lethal syndrome that is what they call "not compatible with life."  This quote was what she posted and it got me thinking.
Most of the time I go through life not really thinking about what the bank teller, grocery clerk, or person in line behind me might be facing in their life.  It is hard to not snap when the person in front of you is going 35 miles a hour in a 45, or the lady at the grocery store pulls out 7,000 coupons when your toddler is squirming to get out of the carriage.  I think that if I keep in mind that they might be going through something life changing maybe I will be able to smile instead of sigh or oh I don't know, use that lovely driving hand gesture out the window.
Anyone that knows me will get the fact that this will be hard.  I tend to fly of the handle so to speak, but what I am getting at is, I WILL TRY. 
I am sure that most everyone can remember a time when they were in a struggle that seemed impossible and felt like if the world only knew...so in honor of the woman that I barely know that is going to have to let her very wanted baby go I am giving it my best to be kind to everyone I meet.  I have not one reason not to.  I have my health, two beautiful children, a husband that I love and a somewhere to call home.  I have a family. Hey and who knows maybe the old proverb will prove true, "what goes around comes around."

Can't believe this was a year ago!  Life is chugging right along.  Noah is hard at work everyday testing my kindness quotient.

Baby Bell, still cheek pinchable but becoming more and more like her partner in crime everyday! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

Chickens eat their own poop and other awesome facts.