Summer Breeze

You know what I am thinking about today?  The way it feels when you wake up in the morning knowing that you are headed to the beach.  Making sure to shave all appropriate parts for bathing suit wearing (I must admit that leg shaving takes a way back seat...like the third seat in mom's old station wagon that faced the wrong way) in the winter time.  Not putting on makeup (or if your like me maybe just some concealer...and ok a little lipstick...I am kinda girly like that.)  Slathering on sunscreen instead of lotion, packing a bag full of towels, swim diapers, and like eighty thousand other beach neccessities, make it 160 thousand if you are traveling with your children.  Packing up the cooler full of sandwiches, juices, water, wine and beer.  Stopping at Dunkies to get the ice coffee for the ride and maybe a bag of ice for the cooler.  Yup that is what I am thinking about today...beaches. 

Yes there is still a sad and dirty little snowbank at the end of the driveway but I intend on going out to kill that ugly little reminder of winter later.  For now I am going to put my Ipod on the summer time tune mix, wash all my beach towels, dig out all the kids sand toys (sadly still in boxes from the move), wash the dried crusty sand off the tops of the sunscreen, and sip my ice coffee.  In my mind I'm gone to Carolina, as the great James Taylor says.  Driving out onto the beach with the kites, beach chairs, and fishing poles.  Waiting for the sunset so I can pour my wine into the Dunkin cup I got that morning and listen to the waves crashing on the beach.  Mom are you coming or what?  Let's get the hell out of dodge.

It's the beach scene.  I will say there is nothing more convenient then driving right to the spot on the beach that you want.  No lugging involved.  Some of the best beach days I have had!
Oh yeah baby!
Bell's first real beach experience last year.
Pa and Noah.  Yup!  Noah does the eye thing that I do.  Ole winky one eye!
Wild horses walking the beach.  Duck North Carolina.  Unbelievably beautiful.
A classic...Horseneck Beach.
Just for a laugh.  Kids :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

I guess I am welcoming a shit storm