I don't give my baby botox but I do let her eat dandelions in the yard.

We have a slight dandelion situation in my yard.  I offered to pay Noah 5 cents for every dandelion he plucked.  I soon went broke and called off the deal.  Bella on the other hand decided that instead of cashing her dandelions in she would eat them.  Good thing I saw them at the grocery store the other day and now know that someone got so angry at those bastardly things one day that they decided to eat them...and they didn't die.  Now they cost 2.99 a bunch at Market Basket.  I think I just found my work from home job...I will sell dandelion greens.  Not.  I want them poisoned as soon as I have enough money for Scott to come over and do the job.
So when child labor wasn't going to work out I fixed the problem with a good mow.  I LOVE mowing the lawn.  There is something so soothing about the predictability, the back and forth, the instant gratification of your hard work, the smell of cut grass, the sound of a lawnmower drowning out the children's voices so I can just be in my head for awhile.  I really do love my yard.  It is why I live here.  The middle of nowhere.  I could go on and on but I will just show you the fruits of my labor this morning.

We call the granite stones the Jaffe headstone.  I actually had a moment of panic when I asked the previous owner if anyone was buried there and he says  "oh yes, my grandfather."  He was full of shit, but it does look like a gravestone right?
I took such great pleasure mowing down those dandelions.  Sometimes backing up to go over a particularly large cluster.  I know they will be back but for today I won!

This was hysterical.  Till the handle snapped off the wagon.  Game over.  I love when they play together.  It makes it worth all the work of having them close together.  I really hope that they will grow up being close and that Noah will look out for his baby sister.  He does already.  Lets hope that never changes.

He is a superhero you know.  We have gone through the Metroid phase and now he has decided that Spiderman is his character of choice.  Watching him run around the yard with this on all but kills me.  Sometime he forgets he is wearing it and will stop and pick a flower and try to smell it.  Love him.

This one.  There are no words for how it feels when you are running around with a BIG baby on your hip and you start to feel their body soften and their head gets heavy on your shoulder.  I held her for her nap that day. 
Happy Friday.  Have a great weekend.  I will be in the yard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

Chickens eat their own poop and other awesome facts.