Bella's first ballet class

Today Bella attended her first ballet class with her friend Eila.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect since Bella is mostly around boys...and big boys at that.  Most of her time is spent with Noah and his friends and she rarely gets to see other little girls.  She is pretty attached to mommy right now and tends to cling to my hip when she is outside of her comfort zone.  I guess I was pretty much expecting her to stay by me here as well.  Imagine my surprise when she got right in line with the other little girls and Eila took her hand and led her into the studio.  Priceless.

She was still a little leery and kept her distance once class started but she held her own and stayed through all the warm up exercises, occasionally stealing glances at me.  She was a good 6 months younger then the youngest member of the class and that was pretty evident.  Bella still needs her Mama nearby and that my friends is fine by me.  She is still my baby.

For now I think we might just observe ballet and let Bella build her confidence a little.  She will let me know when she is ready to go it alone.  My Bella has a good little teacher in Eila, all patience and gentle hand holding.  So sweet.  Melt.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

The peeping package and cutting bangs with dull scissors