Terrible two, three bourbons and a red refrigerator.


When I was a teenager there were people who would tell me that as I got older all those pesky teenage problems like acne would eventually get better and in some cases clear up completely.  Not here. Nope. Since turning 30 it seems that my skin has decided it wants to have its cake and eat it too. Wrinkles (albeit not quite noticeably deep) sure, why not?  Zits to rival a 15 year old, absolutely!  WHAT GIVES?  We already know that I was blessed with freckles which over time I have come to accept and even at times enjoy but zits and wrinkles??!!  Come on already!

I seriously need some advice.  I do everything right. I buy the oil free products, mineral makeup, wash my face diligently morning and night and still every single month, without fail, I am battling at least 2 major breakouts.  Pro-activ works. Yes it does.  It also dries out your lips and bleaches the shiznit out of every single towel in your bathroom.  Then after you have ruined all of your towels and had your lips shed 10 times in a week they send you the second box of the crap at double the initial price.  Soooooooo I cancel it.  Then I need it again. And we do this at least 4 times a year.  So that means we get new bath towels quarterly.  Pretty expensive cleansing system if I do say so myself.  Please, if you have any miracles send them my way.

In other news...widely announced on Facebook via slide shows and family adoration...my baby girl turned two!!  Today we went for her well child visit and I am glad to announce I am dealing with a typical well child.  Hooray for a clean bill of health.  We had a nice little family birthday party for my girl and she made out like a bandit.

Daddy also has a birthday this month so we lumped them both together and celebrated Dov turning 30 last Saturday too.  He got everything he ever dreamed of and now our liquor cabinet is filled with bourbon. Three different kinds to be exact.  So needless to say Dov has been sleeping well.





We also took on a pretty significant project on Sunday.  Chalkboarding our refrigerator.  I had made up my mind that this was going to happen at about 7 o'clock on Sunday morning and by 12 noon the newspaper was spread out and the roller was in hand.  I was not at all pleased when 5 minutes before the first swipe of primer my mother called to tell me, "DON'T DO IT!"  Thanks but this Scorpios mind was set and there was no backing down now.  I quickly got her off the line and began the process of magnetic priming my "elderly" fridge.  I say elderly so that you know this is no brand new piece of kitchen equipment I was defacing.  This fridge came with the house and is a good 10 years old.  I basically figured that if this project became a monstrosity then worst case scenario would be me getting a new fridge. WIN/WIN right?  I am happy to announce though that  my family and I LOVE IT!  I recommend that everybody paint their large expensive kitchen appliances with chalk board paint.  :)

Sometimes you are doing something so crazy you just have to laugh at yourself...it adds to the whole "I have gone completely insane" image.
~That about chalks it up~





****I also wanted to post a link to my group on Babycenter .  I noticed that there has been a lot of traffic here from people searching "nuchal translucency".  If you found me due to a iffy first trimester screen please head over and check out whats happening on BBC. Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound Information Group. Lots of support and encouragement to be found .***

Happy Tuesday all!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

I guess I am welcoming a shit storm