The story of a man urinating out his window onto my grill while I watched.

A while back I had mentioned that while I was living in "dirty, dirty Marlborough" as Dad so fondly called it, a neighbors son had relieved himself from his bedroom window onto my grill.  I know this because I stood there and watched him do it.  Me.  The one who has no issue with confrontation, hand to hand combat, or telling somebody where to stick it.  Boy am I glad that I just smiled and watched him give it the triple shake at the end because here he is now...2 held without bail after Marlborough raid yields guns, drugs.

Now I hope you clicked that link because if you did there is a photo of the lovely young man.  The one with the braids was the urinator.  Just to think I shared a wall with him.  Rested my weary head after long days of work and listened to him BLAST his turn table until wee morning hours.  Never once did I call the police or even give a dirty look at the mailbox.  Boy am I glad now.  I could of ended up on the evening news.  Dead in my slummy apartment.  I always found the amount of noise from across the hall odd.  There was constant yelling and slamming things around.  Several times his mother was taken by ambulance.  At the time, naive me, thought she was just trying to get a night of sleep with out the sounds of his horrible homemade rap songs.  Or maybe she had  just gotten sick of him screaming for her to go F###k herself, which was also a nightly occurrence.  But obviously she had either overdosed on cocaine or been shot by her son.

To be honest the above mentioned apartment was not the only shit hole I lived in.  My very first one was a third floor, illegal, attic studio apartment with a VERY strange neighbor and consistently frozen pipes.  Extreme and constant use of space heaters to keep the water flowing was probably not the hottest idea (well I guess technically it would be the hottest idea) since I would have burned alive with no secondary exit to be had. Just a three story drop onto a 1985 Chrysler convertible (my neighbors pride and joy).

This little beauty was on Broad street in Marlborough.  About a stones throw from the wet shelter and the site of the biggest drug bust in Metrowest history.  My neighbor was a man in his mid 50's who chain smoked and liked to gloat about his "convertible".  The very first time I entertained my friend Amy at my new home my "strange" neighbor decided that he wanted to lock his girlfriend prostitute out of his apartment with no clothes on.  So here I am trying to look mature and awesome with a place of my own and there is a naked woman screaming and banging on the doors outside. WINNING.

I guess I should of known something was off when the day I moved in he knocked on the door to introduce himself with a X-large Dunkin Donuts cup full of a noxious alcohol concoction...eight hours later he knocked again to introduce himself with the same cup, full again.

What brought about this post is the fact that last month the apartment building next door to my old digs burned.  Yes, in the attic, from a space heater, in a illegal studio.  Just brought back memories. is all...you can watch it here.

Not to say that I didn't love the times I had in both those rats nests.  They were some of the funnest days so far. :)
This is apartment #1 the day I moved in.  Notice the jug of wine...just trying to fit in to my new surroundings.

This was about 2/3's of the apartment.  Slightly cramped for 2 but hey couldn't beat the 360.00 rent.





Comments

  1. I remember that apartment :) That brought back some fun memories and times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shit talking up all night

Burning down the house (well the yard)

The peeping package and cutting bangs with dull scissors